The bench comprising Chief Justice HL Dattu and Justice AK Sikri issued notices to the Ministry and the CBSE while hearing a PIL filed by lawyer Santosh Singh.
09-FEB-2015 : Prime Minister constituted 3 sub-groups of Chief Ministers within NITI Aayog
The three sub-groups within NITI Aayog were constituted to study the 66 centrally-sponsored schemes and for poverty alleviation and creation of skilled manpower within states.
10-FEB-2015 : Union Ministry for Health & Family Welfare launched National Deworming Initiative
The initiative is aimed at protecting more than 24 crore children in the ages of 1-19 years from intestinal worms.
11-FEB-2015 : Union Government approved increase of authorised Share Capital of NMDFC
Union Cabinet approved a proposal to enhance the authorised share capital of the NMDFC to 3000 crore rupees from 1500 crore rupees.
14-FEB-2015 : Union Government approved revised Guidelines for Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana
The guidelines were revised to accord priority in the selection of roads for new connectivity as well as upgradation, leading to the eligible habitations in the Gram Panchayats identified by the Members of Parliament (MP) under Saansad Adarsh Gram Yojana (SAGY).
16-FEB-2015 : Election Commission announced to launch Electoral Roll Authentication Mission
Under the mission, the EC will use the huge database of the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) to link Aadhaar number of citizens with the electoral database to further authenticate and purify electoral rolls.
19-FEB-2015 : Union Government approved Project-17A worth 8 billion US dollar
Under the Project-17A seven frigates will be built indigenously with stealth features to avoid easy detection. The frigates under the Project-17A will be built at government shipyards in Mumbai and Kolkata.
20-FEB-2015 : Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched Soil Health Card Scheme
The scheme will provide 14 crore Soil Health Cards to farm owners across the country in the next three years.
25-FEB-2015 : Rajya Sabha passed Constitution (Scheduled Castes) Orders (Amendment) Bill, 2014
The bill seeks to modify the list of Scheduled Castes in three states- Haryana, Karnataka, Odisha and one Union Territory- Dadra and Nagar Haveli.
26-FEB-2015 : Union Ministry of Chemicals & Fertilizers declared 2015 as Year of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients
The aim is to bring about self-sufficiency in the field of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API) which is also consistent with the avowed objective of the Union Government Make in India initiative.
27-FEB-2015 : Financial Performance in 2014-15
The major statistical highlights of the Budget encompassing Financial Performance 2014-15, Budget Estimates 2015-16 and Plan outlay 2015-16 are given below:
• In 2014-15, there was a net reduction in Gross Traffic Receipts by 917 crore rupees compared to the Budgeted Estimate (BE) of 160165 crore rupees
• Growth in Ordinary Working Expenses (OWE) scaled down to 11.7 percent. The budgeted OWE of 112649 crore rupees decreased in the Revised Estimate (RE) of 2014-15 to 108970 crore
• Appropriation to the Pension Fund increased to 29540 crore rupees in the RE 2014-15
• Internal resource generation also improved and accordingly the appropriation to Depreciation Reserve Fund (DRF) was scaled up to 7975 crore rupees in RE from the BE 2014-15 provision of 7050 crore rupees
• Excess of receipts over expenditure stood at 7278 crore rupees in RE 2014-15 reflecting better financial management
• Plan size for 2014-15 increased from 65445 crore rupees in the Budgeted Estimates to 65798 crore rupees in the Revised Estimates
Budget Estimates for 2015-16
• Passenger earnings growth pegged at 16.7 percent and target budgeted at 50175 crore rupees
• Freight traffic is pegged at an all time high incremental traffic of 85 million tonnes, anticipating a healthier growth in the core sector of economy
• Goods earnings proposed at 121423 crore rupees which includes rationalisation of rates, commodity classification and distance slabs
• Other coaching and sundries are projected at 4612 crore rupees and 7318 crore rupees respectively
• Gross Traffic Receipts estimated at 183578 crore rupees, a growth of 15.3 percent
• Ordinary Working Expenses proposed to grow at 9.6 percent over RE 2014-15. Traction fuel bill is anticipated to shrink further
• Lease charges, interest component of the current and previous market borrowings are pegged at a growth of 21 percent
• Appropriation to Pension Fund is proposed at 35260 crore rupees and appropriation to DRF at 8100 crore rupees
• Appropriation of 7616 crore rupees is proposed to be made to Capital Fund for payment of principal component of lease charges to IRFC
Plan Outlay 2015-16
• Gross Budgetary Support of 40000 crore rupees for the Railway’s annual Plan
• Total Plan Outlay is 100011 crore rupees, an increase of 52 percent over RE 2014-15
• 1645.60 crore rupees has also been provided as Railway’s share of diesel cess from the Central Road Fund
• Market borrowing under Extra Budgetary Resources (EBR) projected at 17655 crore rupees, an increase of about 46.5 percent
• Balance Plan outlay includes 17793 crore rupees from Internal Resources and 5781 crore rupees from PPP
• A new financing approach to expand EBR has been projected. This EBR, presently named EBR
(Institutional Finance) is projected at 17136 crore rupees and is aimed at accelerating completion of capacity augmentation projects.